Pigeon Spikes

Jesus turned and saw her. "Take heart, daughter," he said, "your faith has healed you." And the woman was healed from that moment. ~Matthew 9:22

My Photo
Name:
Location: Poznan, Poland

Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Summer job?

So, I applied for a job in England (Bell headquarters), teaching at an ESL camp. I had an interview on Tuesday. It was positive. Monika has worked with them before and recommended me. She's really hoping I can work with her. I'd love that. The only snag is that I'm from North America. No, being commonwealth doesn't mean I can automatically work in the UK. Stinks. But, I've applied for a holiday-maker visa which will allow me to work without a work permit for nine months. I have an appointment in Warsaw next Thursday. eek. Rich wants to go too to renew his passport, so it won't be so bad, I just hate Warsaw.

For Easter break (I'm off from Thursday to Wednesday) I think Rich and I will take Winston to the seaside, Kolobrzeg. It looks like a nice little touristy town and it's not too far.

Rich has been doing some plumbing around here. I was nervous when he said he wanted to buy a torch - remembering Tim the tool man Taylor :) but he did a really good job.

1 Comments:

Blogger Aaron Fowles said...

Kolobrzeg is lovely, really. But it might be a bit chilly this time of year. I was there about this time last year and the wind by the sea made it VERY cold. But it's still nice if you're a bit farther inland.

Be flexible with your accommodations. They're all spread out over the city and you don't want to get one too far out. There will be people at the train station offering rooms. There are hotels near the sea, of course, but just not cheap. The cheaper ones are--predictably--farther away from the town.

Anyways, have fun!

8:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home