Pigeon Spikes

Jesus turned and saw her. "Take heart, daughter," he said, "your faith has healed you." And the woman was healed from that moment. ~Matthew 9:22

My Photo
Name:
Location: Poznan, Poland

Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Merry Christmas from Eden!

As most of you know, I'm home for the holidays.
Time flies when you're thoroughly and sickeningly happy :)

Last year when I arrived at the airport in Toronto I was almost moved to tears, but not because I needed to buy stamps and was yelled at, but because I needed help and the man behind the counter was jolly and joking and HUMAN!
I always forget how wonderful Canada is, and especially how NICE everyone here is. I love going into every shop and knowing I'll get a smile.

So, just to clarify for all those who don't know, those losing hope in the grouchiness that is Poland, and for myself lest one day I should forget - here's a list of WHY CANADA IS THE BEST PLACE ON EARTH!!!

1. Exchanging money at the airport I noticed: animals, famous Canadians, multicultural icons on the coins and bills. Oh, and don't forget the hockey players :)

2. People in Canada don't just say HI or HELLO. Strangers talk to you like you're there long lost cousin finally paying a visit! Hi there! How are ya today? It's a lovely day outside, eh?

3. And yes: EH! And something I didn't notice before- the lovely sing-songy lilting way that Canadians talk and is just like sweet maple syrop poured over your ears :)

4. Cleanliness next to godliness. I visited Rich in New York over the holidays and compared to Poland it's very clean and pretty. But, Canada is pristine! Immaculate, pure, spotless, unblemished, unsullied, wholesome and untarnished - neat and tidy as ever a place could be. Neat little houses squared properly on square little patches of earth, all organized on grids of square little streets and highways. A place you'd have to try to be lost in.

I've gotta pick Sarah up from work. I'll continue later. I'm just getting started!!!

3 Comments:

Blogger Michelle Joy said...

Oh dear you are funny... :)
Is Canada that great? I mean... I've lived here my whole life... ummm... I guess it's ok... but there are definately prettier and better places to live than Gorrie. :P
Glad you're home tho! See you tomorrah? Hope so! :D
- Mint ;)

1:15 PM  
Blogger Beckles McFreckles said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

4:12 AM  
Blogger Beckles McFreckles said...

Chelle! You need to travel, see more of the world! There is no place in the world as NICE and BEAUTIFUL as CANADA! Yes, it's that great.

4:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home