Pigeon Spikes

Jesus turned and saw her. "Take heart, daughter," he said, "your faith has healed you." And the woman was healed from that moment. ~Matthew 9:22

My Photo
Name:
Location: Poznan, Poland

Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Big Changes

To buy or not to buy. That has been the question for some time now. Well, the day has finally arrived. A 5000zl reservation fee has been payed on medium sized apartment in the area of Poznan known as Jezyce. I'm terrified honestly. It's such a huge decision and, in this country, such a risk that I'm afraid it may go horribly wrong.

You see, in Poland, in order to get a loan the bank requires that you have already signed a pre-agreement for a piece of property. Well, the owners of the desired property require some kind of security before they will sign this agreement, namely, a down-payment.

So, in the next month I'll be putting down a lot of money and praying really hard. I would really appreciate if you could keep this item in your prayers as well. Pray that the bank would speedily process and approve the loan. And pray that I can cope. I was a nervous wreck yesterday after signing the first of many documents.

Below are some (not so great, I know :)) pictures of the apartment. You have to look beyond all the furniture, it won't be there when I move in. Also, my WONDERFUL real estate agent, Kasia, negotiated that the kitchen cabinets, sink and stove be included for only a 1000zl more. So, though they are not the most elegent you've ever seen, it will really save me some money.
If everything works out, all this stress will definitely be worth it.

On a lighter note, Wendy and I explored a Laundromat Cafe last night. Really great idea, but we both agreed that if you take your clothes somewhere in order to clean them, it would be better if people weren't allowed to SMOKE! We both opted for taking our wet laundry home to dry. We'd have to hang it anyway to air it all out! Crazy country.

Today is All Saints Day. National holiday! YAY! At my school we had Monday and Tuesday off too. Aahh, it's great to be a teacher. And, one of my Thursday classes asked to switch to yesterday, so I'll finish early tomorrow and then work Friday and it'll be the weekend again!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home