Pigeon Spikes

Jesus turned and saw her. "Take heart, daughter," he said, "your faith has healed you." And the woman was healed from that moment. ~Matthew 9:22

My Photo
Name:
Location: Poznan, Poland

Friday, September 22, 2006

Continued...

So, this week was training at school and I was asked to be a trainer.
Ok, I'm not thrilled at the idea, I tend to get very nervous with people watching me, but, hey, it'll look good on my resume. Always the deciding factor. And it's a good personal challenge.
I was asked to do a workshop on multimedia and IT in the classroom. Even better - something I really enjoy and feel comfortable doing. So, I planned everything out - the internet ideas and sites I would introduce, the dvd's and related activities I could present... yesterday (Thursday) afternnon was the scheduled time.
As usual, when working with multimedia, I arrived early to test and set up.
DO YOU THINK THERE WAS A DVD PLAYER??? A SINGLE COMPUTER THAT PLAYED DVD'S??? MORE THAN ONE COMPUTER WITH INTERNET IN THE COMPUTER ROOM???!!!
I spent 2 hours trying to find a computer with a dvd drive, or one with enough memory to download a dvd player program, asking my bosses about their laptops (none of which play dvd's apparently!), bla, bla, bla. Finally the third boss said hers would work. Great. Now, --, where's the projector? I'd like to set everything up. WHAT?!?!? IT'S AT YOUR HOUSE?!?! ?
Enough said. In the end the workshop was ok. My lesson later was haggard. I don't care. I survived.

On a lighter note, tomorrow evening is Hungarian food night with my Bible study group. Rich is annoyed because he's working at a business camp and won't get goulash. Hee, hee.
And, on Sunday, I may be giong to look at terriers. Maybe I'll get pictures. But, I don't think there will be puppies until the spring.

Also, on Wednesday, I looked at some apartments. (The crazy lady has basically made it clear she doesn't like me and doesn't want to ever hear from me again.)
These apartments are actually a little nicer and across the street from a large park. It's an old historic building that is being completely renovated. Just goes to show, God knows best.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home