Pigeon Spikes

Jesus turned and saw her. "Take heart, daughter," he said, "your faith has healed you." And the woman was healed from that moment. ~Matthew 9:22

My Photo
Name:
Location: Poznan, Poland

Sunday, August 27, 2006

The Light Brightens & Becky's Tour of Torun

Yesterday Rich called and said Marzena called. This was good news in itself. She's one of the sellers of the apartment and she hadn't returned our texts or calls in a couple days. I was worried. She said they had one other offer on the place but they would prefer to sell to someone they knew. Great. I still have to meet with her early this week and maybe write up an agreement.

Yesterday was girl time. I already mentioned Magda and Sofia - plus me and my friend Wendy and her Mom (visiting from the States) went on a day trip to Torun. I love this little town! We saw so many of the sights and shared many laughs. It was my 4th trip to Torun, so I acted as tour guide much of the time. I showed: Torun, the dark side. :) I showed them the statue commemorating the first incident of bird flu in Poland. This is what I'd been told the last time I was there. It turned out that it's actually to honor some Polish director, but that's just not as interesting! ;) Next, I took them to the place especially designated for dog crapping. They were rather sceptical, I can't understand why - BUT IT'S TRUE! We discovered none of us is really pure at the Leaning Tower. We climbed the tower in the City Hall - beautiful view! Worth the 10z's. We learned the ancient secret of making gingerbread at the gingerbread museum. But I can never tell or the Witch's curse will fall on me. We saw ruins and the prison :) we bought gingerbread and ice cream and drank fabulous coffees (and stopped 20 times so Magda could use the toilet). Got back around 9:30pm and we were all wiped!
Here are some pics. Come and visit me and I'll be sure to take you!
http://s109.photobucket.com/albums/n65/brjoslin/Torun/

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home