Pigeon Spikes

Jesus turned and saw her. "Take heart, daughter," he said, "your faith has healed you." And the woman was healed from that moment. ~Matthew 9:22

My Photo
Name:
Location: Poznan, Poland

Tuesday, September 26, 2006

House hunting once again...

The crazy apartment lady basically told me she didn't want to meet me or hear from me again. Good riddance. I was disappointed at first, but I really believe, God must have something better waiting for me. I looked at a place today. An old historic building that a company is completely renovating. Really nice quiet atmosphere and the fun part is that, because they are basically gutting the place, I can choose the area of the building I want and, aside from structural walls, I can move things around and arrange walls, bathroom, whatever, anywhere I want. They are redoing all the pipes, putting in an elevator, etc. Alot of the best places are gone, but there was one space I loved on the 4th floor. There is a large terrace that, in the plans, goes with another large apartment, but I asked the guys if it could possibly be divided and I could have a small bit of it. The view was really nice. On one side of the apartment the roof slopes just a little and they are putting lots of skylights in. There are some nice wooden columns and beams naturally there, too.
Anyway, I'm not getting my hopes up yet. They have to get back to me on exactly how many square metres it will be. I've highlited some places in the newspaper that sound promising, I'll check them out tomorrow.

This afternoon I'm going to get a massage. I've been having problems with my back and neck - I think from the donkey project. I've had it for a while, but it's been getting much worse lately. AND, apparently, Tim (the Brit) says, there are only 2 chiropractors in Poznan and I wouldn't trust them! So, ok. I'll get a massage and wait til I come home before I let someone start cracking my spine!

Hungarian food night was great! Spicy goulash, cabbage rolls and lacha - a strange but tastey mix of tomato, potato and egg? Sounds crazy, but it was really good!

I haven't started teaching yet, not til October. I'd like to know my schedule! But, I probably won't get it til Friday. Unfortunately. The first week of teaching, though, is the easiest. Getting to know everybody, playing games. :) Yeah, I have a tough life. I love my job. BUT, I'm getting a little tired of Poland. Living with Agata is really nice, though. We get along really well!

I don't have internet yet... maybe today...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home