Pigeon Spikes

Jesus turned and saw her. "Take heart, daughter," he said, "your faith has healed you." And the woman was healed from that moment. ~Matthew 9:22

My Photo
Name:
Location: Poznan, Poland

Thursday, April 05, 2007

More Adventures

So I woke up at 2:45am, got dressed, got my documents, called a cab and went to the train station for my 4 hour trip to Warsaw. It wasn't too bad, I was able to sleep most of the way. I have a vague recollection of saying something to the woman next to me in English and she gave me a bizarre look - I think I was talking in my sleep. Oops :)
Anywho, once in Warsaw things were easy enough. The UK embassy is across the street from the train station. Once there it was simply a matter of waiting.
First of all, let me say that I was completely disappointed in the running of operations there. My appointment was for 9:30 and I was told to come early, if I was late they'd reject my application.
So I was there at 8:30. But, you have to wait in the hall til they let you in and there are no chairs in the hall. Off to a slow start. Finally, I was admitted into the room where you wait for an angry Polish woman to call your name and collect your documents. I waited about and hour and a half for this. Then I waited another hour for an interview. And, Wendy, don't be too jealous, the prices for visas changed and I had to drop 1200 zloty for this visa! Ridiculous.
All said and done though, I'm happy to announce that I now have my 2 year holiday maker working visa for the UK. This summer I'm off to England! YAY!
One more note of interest, I ate at Subway for lunch in Warsaw! Subway!!! My favouritist lunch restaurant. Yummy.
I have a 4 hour lesson this morning and then I'm on holiday. Unfortunately, after yesterday, I think we'll postpone our trip to the seaside. :(

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home